“Harrowfield” is a three bedroom cottage built in the Victorian era, we believe in 1894. It is ideal for that romantic weekend for two or for a family holiday of up to 6 people.
The house retains many of its old period features such as high pressed steel or baltic pine ceilings, leadlight windows, brass beds etc. but also has many modern comforts including central gas heating, double spa bath, modern kitchen, dishwasher, lockup off-street garage, 2 TVs, DVD, VCR and air-conditioning.
The study with Computer and NBN Broadband access is also available to guests at no charge as is the library of approx. 600 books. WIFI is free.
The rear yard is fully fenced and is suited to pets or young children.
A light Breakfast can be provided at extra cost, alternatively there are excellent restaurants and Coffee shops, Hotels and Restaurants within walking distance of the house.
Take a video tour of Harrowfield House with Bev.
Click on the images to enlarge
"Thought this was a lovely home, had a great weekend, Spa is nice and relaxing. See you next time".
Many thanks for a most comfortable & practical stay. The cottage is most attractive and we’ll be back next time in Ballarat. - Michael & Judy, Adelaide
We think your cottage is gorgeous! We had a great stay in your fair town and we’ll be back soon. Thank you both.
A very interesting visit. Thankyou for fitting us in, we will have happy memories of the stay.
Supermarket, Chemist, Bakery Complex.
• Bus Stops x 2
• Continental Delicatesan – Coffee, Lunch, Dinner.
• Sit-in / Takeaway Pastry & Coffee Shop
• Chicken & Seafood takeaway
• Hotel & Bottle Shops x 3
• 3 Major Hospitals and a number of Clinics.
• Lake Wendouree and botanic Gardens.
• Restaurants / Bars
• Victoria Park
• St Peters Anglican Church
• St Patricks College
• Ballarat & Clarendon College
• City Oval Football Ground
• Loreto College & Chapel
"A gorgeous place to stay – it took us back in time!!
Read more testimonials HERE
• Wildlife Park
• Botanic Gardens - Floral Displays, Prime Ministers Walk, Statuary Pavillion, Fernery, Adam Lindsay Gordon Cottage
• POW Memorial
• Avenue of Honour
• Arch of Victory and the Grieving Mother.
• CBD Shopping / Central Square Shopping Centre
• Wendouree Shopping Centre
• Ballarat Art Gallery
• Old Ballarat Cemetery and New Ballarat cemetery
• Ballarat Town Hall
• Ballarat Library
• Hymettus Cottage & Garden
• Mill Markets
• Farmers markets
• Buninyong Township & Mount Buninyong
• Kryal Castle
• 3 Golf Courses
• Forest Resort & Golf Course (15kms)
• Creswick (18 kms)
Pre-arranged access to the house can be arranged at any time of day or night.
Click here to see Booking & Cancellation Conditions.
Harrowfield guests can also take advantage of the services of Go2000.com which include city sightseeing and historical tours. Enjoy a relaxing half day or full day tour of the region taking in such places as the Grampians, Great Ocean Road, Goldfields Towns, Daylesford, Hanging Rock, Mount Macedon, Geelong, Wineries, Gardens or Melbourne Sports, Arts and Shopping Tours.
106 Ripon Street Sth, Ballarat Vic 3350